Training providers wishing to advertise their courses as being ISTQB® compliant must pass an accreditation process which is designed to ensure that:
- Training materials conform with the current syllabi
- Trainers have relevant experience and skills in both software testing and training
- Organisations have access to facilities adequate for delivering training.
PhSTQB welcomes applications for accreditation and provides support in the application process.
Benefits of ISTQB Accreditation
The benefits of ISTQB® accreditation for a company include:
- The company will be authorised to use both the "ISTQB® Accredited Training Provider" and/or "ISTQB® Accredited Training Materials" logos advertise its courseware.
- The company's logo and contact details will be included on the Accredited Training Providers page of the PhSTQB website
- The company will be entitled to book PhSTQB invigilators for in-house exams.
- The company will be kept up-to-date with developments in software testing through regular communications from PhSTQB
- Potential customers will be directed to accredited training providers
- Support and assistance from the PhSTQB Training Provider Liaison Officer and General Manager will be available
There are three levels of accreditation, which are described below.
Company Accreditation 3 year term(mandatory)
One-time cost cost: $3,000 + VAT
Initial cost: $2,500 + VAT
Renewal: $2,000 + VAT (due every syllabus change)
Note that these fees apply per module and fees are to be paid prior to the courseware being evaluated.
If a training provider's courseware fails accreditation and they resubmit their materials, they will be charged a further $500 + VAT for re-assessment.
Organisations seeking courseware accreditation must submit their materials, slides and exercises to the PhSTQB for review and appraisal.
Training providers must use accredited material.
Note that documentary evidence must be sighted by the Accreditation Team and a short site visit will take place.
Trainer Accreditation per module
Trainers seeking accreditation must submit evidence to the PhSTQB of their:
- Qualification in the course they plan to teach.
- Experience in software testing relevant to the areas they plan to teach.
- Competence in being able to deliver training, build rapport, communicate with groups, and impart learning.
Applying for ISTQB® Accreditation
Please write to email@example.com.
Materials may be submitted in hard or soft copy and should include:
- Student manuals and exercises.
- Instructor notes
- A course timetable showing the duration of each topic.
- A cross reference table showing where each syllabus learning objective is covered in the learning materials (i.e. slides and manual). Note that a blank cross reference table containing the syllabus requirements may be obtained from PhSTQB on request.
All items submitted to PhSTQB will be retained by the PhSTQB General Manager and held in confidence.
If you have any queries about the process, or need assistance, please e-mail our friendly Accreditation Team.
All course materials and examinations are in English.
Re-accreditation may be necessary under the following circumstances:
Expiry of the three year term. In this case re-accreditation will be charged at the current re-accreditation rate. The Training Provider will be required to provide an up to date copy of their materials to PhSTQB.
Changes made to the courseware by the Training Provider. If any changes (other than minor cosmetic modifications) are made to the courseware, the Training Provider must resubmit the material for re-accreditation. This will be charged at the normal re-accreditation rate.
New version of syllabus released. When syllabi are updated, Training Providers will be notified prior to release and provided with guidance. Re-accreditation resulting from a syllabus change may be charged at a reduced fee.
Note that if a Training Provider’s accreditation lapses, they will be treated as an initial applicant and charged accordingly.
Company A have developed their own Foundation Level training material and want to run training courses. They would be subject to the following charges:
Company B run the Foundation, Advanced Test Manager, and Advanced Test Analyst training courses using accredited ISTQB materials from an organisation in the UK. They would be subject to the following charges:
Company C run the Foundation, Advanced Test Manager, and Advanced Test Analyst training courses using their own materials. They would be subject to the following charges:
Company D have developed their own Foundation Level training material. They submit it for accreditation and it fails so they resubmit and it then passes. They would be subject to the following charges:
Training Provider Materials Accreditation Process (Flow Chart)
PhSTQB Accreditation Submission Form
Advanced Accreditation Guidelines Timing
Advanced Accreditation Guidelines Evaluation
All prices are in US dollars .